Glen Urquhart Childcare Centre is run as a ‘not for profit’ charitable organisation – our aim being to keep fees to a minimum, so that we can provide childcare support to as many children and their families as possible within our community.
About one half of our income comes from Government-funded nursery places and other grants, and the other half comes from non-funded nursery childcare, breakfast club, GOOSC and holiday club.
The Centre is currently in good financial health, as shown within our latest Annual Accounts, including some savings stowed away safely. However, our budget can change week-by-week, in response to families moving in and out of the village and because many of our grants are only secured temporarily. This means we have to be precautionary when it comes to budget planning. To fill this gap in our finances, the staff and Trustees , parents and carers, and others within our community organise vital fundraising.
Our current childcare fees are:
- Childcare for ages 3 to 13 inclusive - £4.50 per hour (non-Government funded childcare). This is charged by the hour, although discounted ‘early bird’ rates are available for a whole day at holiday club.
- Lunch - £2 each
- Invoices are sent out at the end of the calendar month for payment in arrears.
- It is preferred if invoices can be emailed, although paper copies may be available on request from the Centre.
- Payment of fees is necessary within 30 days.
- Payments can be received by cheque, bank transfer or cash.
- Cheques should be made payable to Glen Urquhart Childcare Centre.
- Bank transfers should be sent to Bank of Scotland, Sort Code 80-22-60, account number 11980864. Please use your child's name as a reference.
- Cash and cheques should be handed in to the office or deposited in the payment box in the front foyer in the Centre.
Details about our procedures for payment of fees (including non-payment) are included within our GUCC policy: ‘Payment of childcare fees’, available here (link to pdf when prepared – due soon)